Sunday, August 16, 2015

Shingles (Herpes Zoster)


There may come a time when you get the news from your doctor that you have shingles.  Shingles is a viral infection that causes a rash that will be very painful.  This condition is more prevalent in older adults and in those who have weak immune systems.  The shingles rash can be located anywhere on your body, however it most often is observed to be an area of blisters that assume a linear fashion and wrap around either the left or right side of your torso.  The virus that causes shingles is known as the varicella-zoster virus.  Yes, this is the same virus that causes chickenpox to occur.  Most of us get chickenpox as a youngster and after you’ve had it, the virus remains inactive in your nerve tissue that is near your spinal cord and brain.  Then, if the virus is triggered and decides to reactivate, it will take on the role of shingles.

On the plus side, shingles itself is not a life-threatening condition…however it is very painful.  Currently there are vaccinations on the market that can be given to you to help reduce your risk of acquiring shingles now and in the future.  If you become infected with the shingles virus and are diagnosed quickly, early treatment measures will work to shorten the lifespan of the shingles virus and greatly decrease your risk of complications.   

As mentioned above, the signs and symptoms you will notice if you acquire shingles usually will just affect only a small section of your body on one side.  If your rash tends to be more widespread and painful, you should promptly seek medical attention.

            Signs & Symptoms of Shingles
·      Pain, burning, numbness or tingling in the affected area
·      Affected area will be sensitive to touch
·      A red rash will begin to surface a few days after the pain has started
·      Fluid-filled blisters will then develop and eventually break open and crust over
·      Itching of the affected area
            Other Possible Signs and Symptoms
·      Fever
·      Headache
·      Increased sensitivity to light
·      Complaints of fatigue

Of the list of signs and symptoms above, pain is most often the initial complaint and symptom that the shingles virus is setting in.  Everyone experiences pain at a different level, and for some the initial pain felt with this virus can be rather intense.  Due to the area that is usually affected and the location of the pain felt by the individual, the pain can sometimes be mistaken for a symptom of problems that could be affecting the heart, lungs, or kidneys instead.  It is also possible for you to experience the pain of the shingles virus without ever even developing the rash.  In addition to commonly developing on either side of your torso, shingles could also affect one of your eyes or it could occur on one side of your neck or face.  A good point to remember is that if the shingles rash appears around one of your eyes and it is left untreated, it could lead to permanent eye damage.

Keep in mind that age drastically increases your risk of developing complications if you are infected with the shingles virus, especially if you are 65 years or older.  Never hesitate to seek medical attention at the first inclination that you may be coming down with shingles.  You personally are the only one that knows your body the best, so do not put off any warning signs your body could be giving you.  Plus, if you know that you already have a weak immune system from another condition such as cancer, from the medications you take, or from diabetes, or various other conditions please do not wait to contact your provider. 

            Am I contagious?
·      If you have shingles you can pass it to anyone who has not had the chickenpox.
·      Transmission of this to another person occurs with direct contact with the open sores of the shingles rash.
·      Once you pass it on to another person, they will get the chickenpox, not shingles.
·      Chickenpox can be dangerous to some people.
·      Until the blisters from your shingles rash scab over, you ARE contagious.
·      While you’re contagious avoid people with a weak immune system, newborns and pregnant women because this infection could be very dangerous to them.

            What are the risks for shingles?
·      Over 50 years of age and the risk continues to rise with continued aging.
·      Having other diseases that weaken your immune system.
·      Going through radiation or chemotherapy for cancer treatment can lower your resistance to illnesses and may even trigger shingles to become active.
·      Taking certain medications such as prednisone, because if you take it for a long time period, prednisone can suppress your immune system.

            What are the complications?
·      For some unfortunate individuals, shingles pain may continue long after the rash has cleared up.
·      Shingles that occurs in or around your eye may lead to some sort of vision loss.
·      Depending upon which nerves the shingles virus affects, you could end up with a neurological problem such as difficulty hearing or problems with your balance.
·      Skin infections could occur if the shingles blisters are not properly cared for…bacteria could enter the open sores as invaders and trigger a whole new infection.

Once diagnosed, your provider will decide which treatment route is the best for you.  You must realize there is no outright cure for shingles, however with prompt treatment and a prescription for an antiviral medication you will be on your way to better days with a quicker healing time and a decreased chance of complications.  This condition will generally last two to six weeks give or take, and most people will only become infected once; however it is possible to become infected more than once.  Total Home Health has a program that will fit perfectly into your daily routine.  Our professionals will continue the treatment prescribed to you by your provider consistently and in the comforts of your own home.  Total Home Health will be there when you need someone the most and our staff will strive to ensure your ultimate satisfaction and optimal health.  Enroll with us and let’s get started today!

7 comments:

  1. GET RID OF HERPES BY A HERBALIST DOCTOR CALL DR OLUBAOLUBAES
    ,
    i want to give almighty praise to DR OLUBAOLUBA who help me cure Herpes simplex virus, please help me to give thanks to him he is a great man who God send from heaven to save people’s life, when i contacted this deadly virus i thought that was the end of the world, latter did i know that there is a man called DR OLUBAOLUBA OF AFRICA who has made a breakthrough in the cure of HSV-1 and HSV-2 cure with herbs which i confided in a friend here in SOUTH AFRICA he told me about this man called DR OLUBAOLUBA and how he cured the mum and dad of HSV-1 and HSV-2 after two years of living with this deadly diseases he told me of the cost and procedure i felt it worth a try after i have been spending so much in the drugs to make me live like every normal human being so i contacted DR OLUBAOLUBA and did as he commanded without missing wo rds he did all he needed to do and sent me the herbs here in south Africa through DHL i took it as he directed it was exactly 14 days as DR OLUBAOLUBA has spoken when he emailed me and told me to go for a check up again and i went, to my greatest surprise i tested negative i felt it was a dream so i went to three different hospital and it was still negative then i cried out in a loud voice and peopleG gathered in the hospital and i told them my story in tears how this man called DR OLUBAOLUBA have saved my life and they started demanding for his mail to contact him it was only last week my friend Vanessa who was HSV positive came back from visiting DR OLUBAOLUBA as a healthy woman i told her about DR OLUBAOLUBA you can reach him through his emai address olubahivherbalcure@gmail.com or +2348131258106 he never fails hold on my friend don't cry no more when our helper is here i believe in him am sure you will be lucky as i am too just email him on olubahivherbalcure@gmail.com he is a savior of life.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello everyone my name is noah alexis am here to express my joy about how i got cure from a herbal doctor,i never knew i was ever going to get rid of this illness until i meet this herbal doctor called DR AKHIGBE,introduced to me by a friend of mine who also have this horrible and disgusting illness,i have tour round the hospitals all i keep hearing is that i will have to be taken much of dosage everyday just so subsidy the pain and inching and it keep having a sharp pain in the area that are affected,i couldn't bear the pain and the disgrace i have endure just to mention some view of my encounters with HSV1 AND HSV2,it is not an illness i want anyone to be infected with in fact i prefer HIV-AIDS to HSV1 AND HSV2. because you can still leave with it without thinking of the next second or minutes your body is going to start up again with all the horrible sharp biting and inching,this is how i met DR AKHIGBE introduced to me by my friend name is moore tangla re-email me that he has all it takes to get rid of any illness that the science have not be able to come up with the medication,so i press further to ask questions i start wondering how come the medication i have being taken are not responding to my immune system ,he explained everything to me that it is the wonders of the Almighty God and the FORE-FATHER who laid down everything for him when he was very little and with his hard work and proper study of ROOT AND HERBS he finally arrived at a stage where all he has labored for and study hard to understand the names of the root and herbs he started helping people to get cure just to say few because if i start i will never stop talking and writing.so after so much talk he proceed to the medication tell me how to get the HERPES medication and how to use it that after 8 days the herpes will be gone and there is nothing like side effect or after some time or years it will be reoccurring again.so i proceed to the items and he send it to me through DHL i received within a week because it takes 4 working days to get to me .so if you want to reach him just email him with his address DRAKHIGBESPELLHOME@GMAIL.COM or Whatsapp me +2348106618681 or you can email me at (noahalexis02@gmail.com)

      Delete
  2. God bless Dr. Ogidi for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES since 2012 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr. Ogidi, how he cured HERPES with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS SPEED POST. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later i was cured from HERPES, Dr. Ogidi truly you are great, do you need his help also? Why don't you contact him through Ogidiganherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. .God bless Dr. Ogidi for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES since 2012 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr. Ogidi, how he cured HERPES with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS SPEED POST. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later i was cured from HERPES, Dr. Ogidi truly you are great, do you need his help also? Why don't you contact him through Ogidiganherbalhome@gmail.com Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everyone my name is noah alexis am here to express my joy about how i got cure from a herbal doctor,i never knew i was ever going to get rid of this illness until i meet this herbal doctor called DR AKHIGBE,introduced to me by a friend of mine who also have this horrible and disgusting illness,i have tour round the hospitals all i keep hearing is that i will have to be taken much of dosage everyday just so subsidy the pain and inching and it keep having a sharp pain in the area that are affected,i couldn't bear the pain and the disgrace i have endure just to mention some view of my encounters with HSV1 AND HSV2,it is not an illness i want anyone to be infected with in fact i prefer HIV-AIDS to HSV1 AND HSV2. because you can still leave with it without thinking of the next second or minutes your body is going to start up again with all the horrible sharp biting and inching,this is how i met DR AKHIGBE introduced to me by my friend name is moore tangla re-email me that he has all it takes to get rid of any illness that the science have not be able to come up with the medication,so i press further to ask questions i start wondering how come the medication i have being taken are not responding to my immune system ,he explained everything to me that it is the wonders of the Almighty God and the FORE-FATHER who laid down everything for him when he was very little and with his hard work and proper study of ROOT AND HERBS he finally arrived at a stage where all he has labored for and study hard to understand the names of the root and herbs he started helping people to get cure just to say few because if i start i will never stop talking and writing.so after so much talk he proceed to the medication tell me how to get the HERPES medication and how to use it that after 8 days the herpes will be gone and there is nothing like side effect or after some time or years it will be reoccurring again.so i proceed to the items and he send it to me through DHL i received within a week because it takes 4 working days to get to me .so if you want to reach him just email him with his address DRAKHIGBESPELLHOME@GMAIL.COM or Whatsapp me +2348106618681 or you can email me at (noahalexis02@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can’t believe this. A great testimony that i must share to all patient of [HSV] in the world. i never believed that their could be any complete cure for HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS or any cure for HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS, Mrs JANE introduce me to Dr Ozolua a herbal doctor who lives in Africa who brought him back to life again. so i had to try it too and you can,t believe that in just few weeks i started using the herbal medicine he sent to me i was perfectly OK and . Right now i can tell you that few months now i have not had any symptoms of HBV and i have just went for text last week and the doctor confirmed that there is no trace of any HSV in my body system. Glory be to God for leading me to this genuine Dr Ozolua I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that their is no cure for HBV that is Not true ,just contact him and get cure from Dr Ozolua via his email dr.ozolua@yahoo.com and you will be free and free forever, Try it and you will not regret it because it truly works. One thing i have come to realize is that you never know how true it is until you try...or you can what sappn him +2348051421297,
    dr.ozolua@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Everyone out there,I am here to give my testimony about a Herbalist doctor who helped me . I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2011, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the river side thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS and gave me his email, so i mail him. He told me all the things I need to do and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished . so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him at {oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com}
    or whatsapp him number: +2349038382931.
    Contact him today and you will have a testimony...Good luck!

    Dr. OLIHA Also Cures:
    1. HIV/AIDS
    2. HERPES 1/2
    3. CANCER
    4. ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
    5. Hepatitis B
    6. chronic pancreatic
    7. Emphysema
    8. COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease

    ReplyDelete